View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 03:16 PM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Me thinks it is odd both Mikko Luoma & Marc-Andre Bergeron are still in town. Perhaps a vet d-man is injured or maybe someone is going to get some early press box point of view.

Horrible giveaway by Smith and this year MacT has got to be less of a player's coach and more of a hard-nosed team coach. Players who are making the the big bucks must produce or be replaced. Same goes for, four, fore! GM's and coaches.

OH! and my prediction is that the Oilers should finish 1st overall win the President's Trophy, knock off Dallas in the WC 1st playoff series (cause the Stars will fade to 8th), take down the Avs in the semi-finals in 6, then take out Vancouver in a thrilling 7th game, and finally defeat the Sens in the 2nd overtime of the 7th game of the Stanley Cup. I want it all the whole enchilada. I might eat a little crow later but right now all things are possible. Finishing anything but first is not an option. Not to win the Stanley Cup? Inconceivable!

It would be nice to see the Oilers bring up the younger guns frequently and have those desperados leaving opposing goalies shell-shocked and just plain confused and afraid. Our energy line must pound out hits and strike fear into the hearts of the oppostion, game in and game out. The goal scorers gotta' bury the biscuit, and we need DMEN on the backend not boys with "potential." Finally our TNT (Tommy & Ty) goaltending duo have to be DYNAMITE ... disheartening all comers with explosive saves!

Whatever lineup it takes to get results is what really matters. Anybody in Management, the GM, Coaches, Players who don't want to pay the price and believe the Copper&Blue can win it all this year, I'd like to see turfed. Get with the program or lets trade for someone who will. This is professional hockey not a little Richards invitational.

If Patrick LaForge has to, take one for the team, and do the Full Monty ... wait a minute I've gone too far! Please strike down that last image ...