View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 03:17 PM
cram

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip
And, I'm sure that he is paying.... right now. Whatever the state does to Heatley will be nothing in comparision to what he'll do to himself. Putting Dany in jail will not bring Dan Snyder back, nor will it assuage his family's pain. Dany's responsibility, at this point, is to those he's harmed, namely Dan Synder's family, not the State of Georgia (and by extension us) who will do nothing but aggrandize their own power over this.

If he's truly a great kid (which I have no reason to believe he is not) he will offer himself in the full serivce of Dan's widow and children for as long as they require of him. That is true penance for his mistake. They are the ones with a greivance and they should set the terms of his punishment. Putting him in jail will do nothing but short-circuit that process and delay, if not, impede forever the healing/restitution process. How does locking him up repair the damage he's done? The punishment doesn't fit the crime in my mind.

I have nothing but the sincerest condolenesces for Dan's family and wish them all the best going forward. I am so very sorry for their loss.

Hi all,

it truly is a sad day and our thoughts and prayers should be with the Snyders. Anyhow I have been reading through all the posts and for the most part everyone has their heart and mind in the right place save a few individuals who lack common sense whom I won't waste a breath on. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever, but Dan Snyder was not married nor did he have any kids. This was a guy who was completely dedicated to making the bigs. I am posting this just to clarify things, I work with Dan's second cousin and have received this clarification first hand and wanted to clear it up.
Anyhow, our prayers and condolances go out to the family, it's a damn shame...