View Single Post
Old
11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Puck Farise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
I've been browsing this forum for a while and I've always felt that we needed an Inline/Roller Hockey thread. I guess the purpose of this thread will be to discuss any and all things Roller Hockey, because we all know which sport is better

Anyway, I'll guess I'll start it off.

I play at a semi-competitive level of roller hockey (Local college league, B level house league). I've never used any type of girdle, elbow pads, or cup. My teammates think I'm crazy, but I don't like the extra weight or padding as I feel it restricts my skating. Tell me, am I flirting with disaster here? And if so, what are some cheap, light, inline girdles that I can purchase.
To hell with girdle and elbow pads...always felt those were for people who didn't know how to take a fall...and older guys haha. But no cup? Yea I'd say that's certainly flirting with disaster.

I used to just use the plastic mylec street hockey shin guards when I played club roller hockey...then I tore a few ligaments in my knee and decided I'd better protect it after the reconstruction haha. Played with a guy who just used soccer shin guards...he was nuts haha.

I bruised my ribs at one point this past season, and had to wear a chest protector for one game...felt like a real ****** in that one haha.

Puck Farise is offline   Reply With Quote