View Single Post
Old
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
braindead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i don't think it was the defensive effort. as in we gave up the one even strength goal.

the reasons we lost this game wasn't the defensive effort, the pk, or bad goaltending.

we lost this game because

1) we let off the gas at the end of the first and schenn gave them hope. down only two you still beleive you can get that next goal. in doing so...

2)they outworked us to start the second and drew suter into a lazy penalty. goc gets his shorty, and if we stay disciplined, we take two points easy. but no...

3) klein takes an unfortunate penalty. wasn't a lazy one, wasn't a selfish one. just trying to get the puck out of the zone on the pk. i hate that rule. leafs score. you don't kill off bad penalties ryan suter.

4) at this point we should be happy at 4-2, kill off kleins penalty and move on. but no, another lazy penalty. sure it doesn't get called 75% of the time. but a player is responsible for his stick at all times. fact was, suter's stick was wrapped around the tor players midsection. it is a hook. yet another 5 on 3. you don't kill off bad penalties ryan suter.

at this point you could feel the game unraveling at 4-3. then ward takes a lazy penalty (i think? too angry to remember, but i think it was him.)

so at the end of the day, discipline and mental toughness cost us this game. something this team is not known for. have 2 days to fix it. montreal is playing well
Agree 100% with this analysis. I'd like to be mad at the refs for several iffy calls but the fact is the Preds gave them the opportunity to make the calls. This team will have to learn killer instinct at some point.

Unfortunately, one of the worst offenders last night was our captain, who stunk it up. He has had a number of boneheaded games lately.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote