View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Foppa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Not too much, I actually question Colorado's decsion to to let him play on a team where he would be lucky to get 8 to 10 min a game. You have Tanguay, kariya, Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk, Selanne, all wanting close to 20 min per game.
It's a possibility. Of the two rookie forwards, I'd say Svatos is more likely to get sent down to Hershey in order to get big minutes in a scoring role. (Although this would be debatable because McCormick is the younger less experienced one).

But I certainly don't think its laughable to consider him a darkhorse. Injuries and trades happen and if Svatos starts out well, he could always make somebody (read: Tanguay) expendable or become a valuable chip himself. And there is nothing set in stone that says the Avs can only play their top guns with their other top guns. Svatos held his own in the pre-season on a line with Tanguay and Hejduk.

There are 20 guys more likely to win at this point, but he's worth a mention. Would you really be THAT surprised if the guy who won it wasn't even listed in this entire thread, even given all these 'homer' votes?