View Single Post
Old
11-17-2010, 08:51 PM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
All of this back and forth chit-chat is lolzy. Iginla is being really underrated mainly because of the caphit he carries for two years. I don't love it, but I'm not going to deny the fact that he would probably look amazing on a line with Kopi and Brownie (sorry, dude, to the LW with you!).

Also, future cap implications aren't as grim as some think. Handzus, Poni and Williams are impending UFAs, and I see Lombardi keeping one of them. Smyth is gone in another year, as well. It might be tight for a year, but still be doable if the cap goes up another 2+ per year.

Semin might re-sign with Washington, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Richards might stick around in Dallas, and there go the two most coveted UFAs. Iginla is still a very good player, and will be the best sniper on the team, obviously. The pros and cons aren't as black and white as some may believe.
For the most part I agree.

But I want to keep Williams and Handzus. I also want to keep Smyth. But I also see us retaining those 3 with a lower cap hit.

I also think if Clifford or King or someone can win the minds of the Kings brass that we wont need Poni`s 3 million dollar cap hit.

I would love Iginla on the Kings. Who wouldn't? I don't think his cap hit is that bad either. But not at the cost of Schenn and other players on our roster. And if that means we cant get him then so be it. Cant dismantle a team we've been building for the last 5 years for 1 player.