View Single Post
Old
11-18-2010, 02:04 AM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
The point is...

I answered Plekanec, as I understood the question as being: "Who's the most important Habs player going forward, considering Markov's injury?". For some, 4 games of amazing play look like it's enough to be the MVP of a team. I still consider Price as being a 23 years old goalie with stuff to learn and maturity to acquire. Nobody ever doubted he could play as good as he is right now.

Thing is, can he actually do it consistantly?

If so, one year or so from now, I might be inclined to answer Price. For the moment though, Plekanec has been our #1 center in 2 of the last 3 seasons, and it looks like he'll be once again this year. He's older, commited to this team for the next 6 seasons, and is probably one of the most complete centers in the league, and has been for quite some time now.

All what that poll proves is that Habs fans are reactionnary as hell, as the last week of play obviously changed the perception of many people.

Thing is, when it's about who's your MVP player, it doesn't change on a weekly basis. Plekanec has broken out in 2007-2008, and proved he could consistantly give us that kind of performance. Hell, he looks like he's going to have yet another breakout season this year.

At the end of the year, if Price keeps playing like this, I'll gladly say he's our MVP. But right now, 1 week of hot goaltending just doesn't erase all what Plekanec has been doing for this team in the last 4 years or so.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote