View Single Post
Old
11-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Markovskaya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrePrisme View Post
You're deliberatly leaving out the thousands of DIRECT jobs related to the government jobs. I made that clear in the comment that I linked that a lot of government jobs have been replace by private firms but they remain on the govt payroll!!!

You're also forgetting that if you don't count the government jobs in one entity, the largest employer in the city is still the University of Laval and hospitals follow closely. Those are not accounted as civil servants job, but remain government jobs.

The large majority of the private sector is small businesses servicing all those government employees. Indirect jobs, basically.

There isn't that many large corporations in this city. A few insurance HQ's and a couple of biological businesses. Small branches of the video games industry and that's about it. Except for Desjardins in Levis, which is pretty big, Industrielle Alliance and maybe La Capitale, there aren't any other players.

You forget SSQ, Promutuel and and bunch of other big insurance players. There are 11 HQs total in the region. Anyways I'm going to stop arguing here. I lost interest when you said Laval and CHUL are the two tops employers. Should they feel guilty ? Do they not also pay for UQAM terrible management or the joke that is and will be the new CHUM? At least the CHUL is well managed and makes some top level research.

Anyways man, this city is ready for a modern hockey rink / multi functional complex. Believe it or not. they'll get private sector money in time.

It's a chance not too many people in QC city think the same as you right now because that city as an history of thinking small when there are no reason to. I'm happy they have big project like this and I'm confident they will find a way to get what they deserve,

Last edited by Markovskaya: 11-18-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote