View Single Post
Old
11-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Price is more important than Pleks. Consider it this way.

At some point both players are probably going to slump at some point this season. If Pleks has a 5 game point slump, hockey being a team sport, means that other players will still score and we can realistically expect to still win those games.

If Price has a 5 game slump where his sv% is below .900, the chances are we are going to lose a big majority of those games.

Therefore Price is more important simply because of the importance of the goalie position.
Interestingly enough, the habs are 1-5 in games in which Plekanec did not get a point. The one win coming against a terrible Buffalo team with Lalime in nets.

You're vastly underestimating Plekanec's importance. The habs are probably a .500 team this season without Plekanec considering how poorly Gomez is playing. If Gomez was playing a little better, it would be a different situation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
To those voting for Price:

Would you have voted for the same guy, had he been just decent in the last week or so?

People answer to this poll based on a 4 games streak. And don't come and tell me you would have voted Price anyway, because that simply is not true.
4 games ago I said on these boards that for me the best players were Price, Subban, Plekanec, Gorges and Halpern. I actually remember people arguing about it and lot of people said Price was our best player 3-4 games ago.

But over the past 4 games, Price and Plekanec have risen above the rest. They were already arguably the two best, but now the last 4 games have cemented their place as #1-2.

Because we have only played 20 games, 4 games make a huge difference. That's 20% of our season so obviously the last 4 games have a huge impact on who has been our best player.

EDIT:

And it stands to reason that whoever has been our best player is also the most important going forward.

Last edited by Des Louise: 11-18-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote