View Single Post
11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
vCash: 500
Every shootout move I do I start skating a few strides down the right side( I'm a right hander) then I quickly turn and crossover and go completely across the ice and head down the left wing. I got this from watching a feature on Kristain Huselius and he said he likes to get the goalie moving side to side to start to throw him off. Does it work? I have no idea but it sounds good in theory.

Then my go to move is a leg kick to try to tell a shot, go to the backhand and try to sell it and then quickly pull it to my forehand and either try to stuff it if there's room or attempt to lift it over the pad if he has the post covered.

A funny story about this move and shootouts. Over the last 6 months or so I have faced this one goalie in shootouts literally about 6 times and I have scored on him every single time using this move. By now I'm sure he knows it's coming. So this last time I came in like I always do leg kick, backhand to forehand except this time at the last second I brought it back to my backhand. I almost did too many moves and got myself all tangled up. But the goalie bought it hook, line and sinker. I head him say "Oh ****!" when I went back to the backhand. I was off balance and could only muster a dinky little backhand but I literally had the whole net open so it didn't matter. Pretty good feeling when you outsmart the goalie.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote