View Single Post
Old
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Rschmitz

vCash: 500
Lundin - B

I think hes played about the same as last season

Ohlund - B

Solid and has a nice mean streak, his offense would probably show up more if he had more time on the PP but he can't hit the net.

Hedman - B

Hes improving. If you gave him less than a B your expecting him to be the player he will be in a year or two. He leads the team in ice time as a 19 year old.

Kubina - B+

I'm grading him based on his role and his play above replacement. Him and Hedman both are squared off against the other teams top lines, they are going to get beat every now and then.

Clark - B

He is playing above expectations, and leading the defense in scoring. Not much to dislike

Jones - B

Not sure what people are expecting from this guy, unless you just want to pick on the guy because he is our 6th defenseman. His two biggest knocks coming in were taking stupid penalties and getting beat. Well, he has 1 penalty so far this season, has rarely gotten beat, and has been the best boardman so far this season which is the biggest role Boucher asks of his defensemen.

Smaby - C

He is a victim of circumstance, he would be a much better defenseman in another system that doesn't rely on speed and thinking.

Final Thought:

Nobody has really stood out to me so far this season, which is a good and bad thing. All of the defensemen are within one or two +/- of each other, which tells me they are being used properly and given the correct amount of ice time. Also to note, all of our defensemen are negative despite us having a positive record. If you doubt that would be different if a goalie not named Smith was playing in net you would be wrong.