Old
11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
At 22 years old, turning 23, the Lightening, who were a pretty bad team already, depended fully on Meszaros to be their... Timonen/Pronger. He was playing on the top pairing for the most part, top pp and pk, all at 22/23. He was WAY over his head, having to anchor a line at his age. In Ottawa, he was playing next to Chara. In Tampa he was playing next to who, Paul Ranger? Thats a huge difference for a young player.

Personally, I was VERY skeptical when Homer traded for the guy. Right now though, I am starting to become his fan. I really like how he is playing. I remember Tampa fans saying he played a soft game. He is playing with confidence and force right now. I will go as far as saying he has been our 3rd best d-man right now.

I think in a year or two, if he is easily pushed into the role, Mez could be a solid top 4 player.
Yeah, i considered his acquisition a bad move based on what TB fans told us, but he has really been great. I wasn't expecting him to be pure garbage since the D isnt all on him, but he has still surpassed my expectations.

that contract is a shame though.