View Single Post
Old
11-19-2010, 12:55 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
I'd rather see if we could get Gilbert out of Edmonton (as JPavs suggested in the trade board). His contract would be slightly harder to fit at $4 mil instead of Beauch's $3.8. But he's also a bit younger, can be more physical than Beauch, and signed longer-term. From the games I've seen him playing against the Sharks over the last couple of years I don't think he's as bad as he's playing right now. I like that he's got decent size and is a RH shot as well. He's not as good defensively as Beauchamin right now, but I think he brings more offensive upside.

What do SJEasy, Max, or any of the others who watch more Edmonton games than me think of him. Would he be a decent option?
Before Edmonton went into a tailspin a couple of years ago his defense was decent. He probably needs a mentoring partner. He is a solid second unit PP guy. He does have a connection with the Sharks, Pavelski. They both were on the Wisconsin championship team (as were Skille, Burish, Drewiske, Brian Elliott and Robbie Earl.)

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote