Old
11-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
If Markov's done for the year, the Habs have a lot of money to work with. They have 2 needs. a top pairing D-man and a forward. I think they have about 7 million to work with.

Who's available and who do you think would be a good fit....lets be realistic here.

I really wanted Ian White but that ship has already sailed.
I'm fine with Picard/Weber. Until scared into thinking otherwise. But I didn't get scared into thinking otherwise with the games Markov missed at the start of the season, so I'm not expecting to be scared anytime soon.

This D seems capable of absorbing the loss of Markov.

I mean, you can always watch for bargains, if any show up. But I wouldn't go beating down the doors of teams looking for a good futures return or any of our top prospects in exchange for a rental player. If a team like Vancouver gets desperate to dump somebody cheap (i.e. Bieksa) or if some other risk-laden gamble appears on the radar "for free" (e.g. Souray on re-entry waivers), I would consider such freebie options.

But I wouldn't go shopping with desperation writ large upon my forehead in the immediate wake of a Markov diagnosis.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote