View Single Post
Old
11-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Simple thing I give my kids is keep your feet wide knees bent for stability. As far as positioning it's simple....Pretend you are the goalie. If you are in the same position as the goalie then you have to be screening the real goalie unless he is out of position. Keep your stick out in front of you centered between your feet so that you can deflect passes that go to either side of you.
One thing to keep in mind is where the defenseman who is playing you is. Most shots you won't defelect and also won't score so be ready to spin and collect rebounds. Make sure you spin to the opposite side of the defenseman who is covering you even it is the long way around. Guys tend to spin toward the shot so they can see if it goes in. But if the shot is coming in at an angle it will most likely rebound at that angle in the opposite direction. If the puck is coming from the point at the goalies (and your) right I have my kids spin to the left. The goalie goes down and makes a kick save with his left foot and hands you the puck with half the net wide open. Don't chase....anticipate.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote