View Single Post
Old
11-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
While I appreciate the attention my post is getting, I want to point out everyone is entitled to their opinion. This team has been blowing leads left and right PHX, WSH, PITTS, the ANA debacle, and TOR. Believe me, I am happy for the win tonight but that still doesn't change the fact I really thought a little bit of whipping would do some good.

Like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I will certainly stand by mine.
Only five teams have fewer points than the Preds over the last ten games, so it's not like they've been setting things on fire lately. With essentially a month long road trip with a couple of home games sprinkled in, I would agree that you can't let the season slip away with what's been going on the last couple of weeks.

On to the game last night. As I was watching this, I was thinking that PR was stealing the game. While I don't think that technically a three goal victory is ever "stealing a game", I'm still going to say the PR stole this one. You hope that your goalie can steal a half dozen games or so a year and I 'm going to say that even with a three goal margin, he stole that one.

The main thing I took away from this was the Preds style of play. Typically Trotz over corrects and goes defense plus plus to set the team right again. However, this was clearly the opposite. Part of it was just the flow of the game and how MON was playing, but I wonder how much of this opening up was a result of a conscious coaching decision by Trotz. As the game went on, I noticed that the Preds got away from the usual game plan of trying to protect the lead and continued with some good scoring chances. I thought that missing Legwand would be difficult and we would see overplaying of certain guys to compensate, but to my surprise, Trotz went a little more offensive and guys like Smithson and Ward didn't see the ice time that they usually get in the 3rd. Bottom line was that was an effort worthy of a win and a gameplan designed for winning (as opposed to some other dubious efforts/gameplans this season.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote