View Single Post
Old
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Girardi and Staal are not paired together when Rozy is in the lineup. Its Staal and Rozy often times, and they usually do play against the other teams top line.

Second, plus minus is rarely focused upon anymore at all and is definitely not the first stat looked at for Norris contenders. If that was the case then wouldn't Malik have been a contender for numerous years? And also Rozy, because his plus-minus was huge the seasons Jagr was hear. It's a completely misleading stat.

And the reason I am supportive is because Rozy has been one of our best d-men this season, if not the best. The only guy i would say has been better than him is Girardi.

As i said yesterday, regardless of what you think about us being contenders, the Rangers are a team that plays to win, because of management and impatient fans, therefore, we are not going to throw McD or Vtank into the lineup when we have an established d-man like Rozy
Also, Staal and Girardi play together when we face a top heavy team where there is one line that requires alot of attention like the Devils or San Jose or Washington. When we face Pittsburgh with two great centers, Torts breaks them up. Rozi plays with Staal by default because the other right handed d-man is a rookie not because he is a great option. The focus in our D is how do we get Staal and Girardi out against the opposition's best; not Rozi. You must see that.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote