View Single Post
Old
05-28-2005, 06:53 PM
chooch*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicHockey
I think people would buy the 1976 DVD set but the producer doesn't think that the quality of the games that TSN aired is up to acceptable broadcast standards for a DVD set.
Regarding the availability of the 1976 games on the net, up until TSN aired the games a couple of years ago, only 2 games from the series had been circulating.

If you saw the entire games of the 1972 series rebroadcast in 1992, then you have a scoop and the producers would have killed for that info. But, it wasn't until at least 1997 that the pursuit for the games actually began. Some vhs versions of some of the games have been circulating but not all of them complete. As for French language versions, only half of game one and half of game four were ever found.
I seem to recall that they were indeed rebroadcast in 92 on one of the larger networks as part of teh 20th anniversary - they had some of the players - Savard, Clarke etc in a room commenting between periods. I swear I have Game 8 taped from 1992 - I will double check maybe it wasnt the entire game or maybe it was from later. I recall the x-country tour of the players that year at the Bay chain also.

Youre probably right about the 76 games - the only one I was interested in was game 2 of the finals and the Torornto game so maybe only one of the others was available. I remember watching these games as a kid and the unforgettable song they played at the start of the broadcast about hockey.

Any interest in putting the 79 Challenge Cup on DVD?