View Single Post
Old
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Thinking more about it. Hemsky isn't exactly the end all be all. Guys had some good years but I don't think he really lived up with the over-hype that comes with being a Oilers prospect. The idea that he's even in the same breath as a franchise player is I think a little ludicrous.

Thing is when Hemsky is your best player then you've got problems.... He isn't good enough to build a team around and if isn't going to bring in enough prospects via trade to rebuild. He's like a 70% version of Ziggy without the goal scoring talent.

Hemsky would increase our top-end speed but Penner works better with the new style of big is better.... I'd rather have more of a goal scorer on the 1st line then another passer.
the Kings wouldn't be building around him.

and i'm really curious as to why everyone thinks Penner would fit the system better. considering Murray generally has the centers playing the F3 role up high, which in other terms can be considered the sniper role.

Kopitar needs to both show and use his shot more and both he and Brown would benefit more from a playmaker who can also score around 25 goals.