View Single Post
Old
11-19-2010, 10:19 PM
FreddtFoyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
This is interesting...the first time I have heard of this actually...I never knew they were changing the format after next year. My only concern is that, if I am reading this correctly, if they add true semi-finals but only one extra day you could have a situation where one team would have to play 4 days in a row. Say the tourney runs Wed (a day earlier than now) - Sun...obviously one team from each pool will sit out Wednesday while the other two teams in their respective pools play. Then the teams that have Wednesday off will have to play their round robin games Thursday and Friday, play a potential semi final Saturday, and a potential final Sunday. That seems like a bit much to me.
As I understand it, the coaches put forward the semi-final game and it was approved by the CIS. What wasn't worked out it how to manage the tourney schedule so that, as you mentioned, teams don't have to play 4 games in 4 days. Since UNB had been awarded the hosting before these tourney changes, those changes couldn't be imposed on UNB.

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote