View Single Post
Old
11-20-2010, 01:46 AM
canuck44

vCash: 500
Well I've been in them a few times now, pretty much got them set up as I like. The biggest thing was figuring out how I lace them - coming from low-cut grafs, it's very weird. I'm still changing my skating a little bit to get the most out of them, but so far I'm delighted. Just the sheer weight difference is amazing. Right now, I feel like I'm not getting full power out of my stride (I don't know if it makes any sense, but that bite into the ice at the end of the stride isn't quite fully there).

This could be in my head, but I swear my feet are just physically moving quicker with the lighter skates.

I didn't find there was any discomfort the first few times, which was almost shocking. But I don't think I was lacing them up very tightly. I usually don't lace up skates very tightly to begin with. But last time I tried really tightening it and I felt like it resulted in better skating but it was starting to make my foot cramp up.

Now some odd things I noticed:

- It seems like the skates out of the box are profiled to lean you very forward. It's either that, or my old grafs/t-blades were very flat or leaning backwards so I'm not used to this at all. This has caused me to fall forwards quite a few times already
- I'm not exactly sure how to pinpoint this issue but when I'm doing a very tight turn, the bottom outside edge of my inside skate boot is starting to touch the ice and causing me to fall sometimes. I never had this issue before with my old skates, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote