View Single Post
Old
11-20-2010, 06:06 AM
goalscorer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braino View Post
I am just wondering why Wilson has been getting close to 11/mins per game only? You look at other organizations that play their studs alot right away (Stastny, Toews) became good right away. Stamkos by yr 2, Kopitar, Duchene thrown in and stars...

My concern is Trotz will do the same crap as he did with Legwand. Bring him up as a 3rd liner.... In my opinion these young guys that are given responsibility sooner as a go to guy turn out better. Legwand is a gr8 example of how he just got used to being a 2nd line PP guy.

I am very concerned about Wilson and his upside offensively if he cannot even beat out O'Reilly & even Lombardi when healthy. Thoughts or why is he not getting prime time ice?????
I'll take a stab at this one.

He plays in Totz's defense first and only system. He is weak at protecting the puck anywhere but along the boards. He rarely shoots when a shot is the best option. He's not a great skater despite being solid on his skates. He has no physical presence even with a man's body.

I would say that covers it for the most part. I'm sure some will have other thoughts though. I've been dissapointed in his play for the most part too. But in all fairness, Cal beat him out of his spot and deserves to stay there. Legwand is gonna get the d-line minutes. Goc is looking strong and frankly he should get twice the time Colin gets. He's stuck IMO unless he gets moved to wing full time or starts playing out of his mind.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote