View Single Post
Old
11-20-2010, 09:20 AM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think that he's being uncharacteristically rushed at this point. If he's not contributing offensively (and despite low icetime, he's played with both Dumont and Kostitsyn, so it's not like he's playing with unskilled players), then he's not contributing period.
And when he has played with Dumont he has contributed.

Kostitsyn? Come on. With Smithson or Tootoo? There you go, the linemates with which you must put up or shut up - in scoring...

I think he plays well when he's out there. Why is it ok for other guys to contribute by having two-way roles, yet when the team is plus with Wilson on the ice somehow he needs to go? Just what is it he's not doing well that you think will improve with "confidence" from another stint in the AHL? Our team would be weaker without him in my view and I'm not willing to see them sacrifice some of this year for some nebulous future gains.

Trotz sees enough use he gives him some pp time and ten minutes or so of even strength. Sure he's in a slump in scoring, but every player has some of those streaks every year. Fact is our top lines have decent players. They aren't chumps or something. Eventually he'll beat someone out for a higher spot. As it is we still need someone good to play the minutes he does play, and he fits the bill. (I think the Legwand line would be better with Wilson over Ward, but Trotz thinks otherwise.)

I hope he gets to play center tonight and gets more time. He's due.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-20-2010 at 09:57 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote