View Single Post
Old
11-20-2010, 10:53 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I don't think you understand what hearsay is. What Chris said was hypothetical, but it wasn't hearsay. It would take a pretty exceptional set of circumstances for someones comments on their own actions to be hearsay (amnesia, maybe).
" Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. "

Perhaps I am misusing the term but to my knowledge the above statement applies, or at least I think it does... But you're right, hypothetical is probably the word I'm looking for. But let's focus on hockey here, English after-all is my 3rd language.

Quote:

If Jeter called out a rookie on the Phillies one of two things would most likely happen. About half of us would be like "**** Derek Jeter" and the other half of us would say "If Jeter doesn't like our swagger he can suck it". We might discuss amongst ourselves whether or not Jeter had a valid point (but only after telling everyone else that he should piss off). We probably wouldn't get all emo about it though.

Ya, that's all fine and dandy but I don't buy a minute of that. If such an example were to arise, there would be a media storm, it be on every sport radio talk show, fans would be talking smack, you know it, i know it.

" we might discuss amongst ourselves" Give me a break, dude! What, over some tea and biscuits? Jokes aside, Philly is a passionate sport town and I don't believe I need to explain myself whatsoever as it's a given.

Quote:
Finally, Mike Richards did tell Subban a lot of things to his face during that game. If you can go by his comments regarding what he thinks of Richards after the game, he will at least consider some of what Richards had to say. He will probably chill out a bit, if not he'll get tuned up sooner or later, no big deal.
PK is not going to change his game, not one ounce of his game will be affected by what Richards said. He's going to play his game, his way.

Countless teammates have come to defense of PK and all have said the same thing " Don't change anything ".

I think PK is going to listen to guys like Hal Gill or Jeff Halpern, players who have been around and have lots of more mileage (and cup rings) than Richards (who as great as a player he is, has had more incidences of improper conduct than the chirpy PK, Gill or Halpern have had combined).

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote