View Single Post
Old
11-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman_88888888 View Post
different skate companies also offer different options. if you look at the higher end reebok skate, they have the pump so they fit more snug on the feet. when mission was around, they had a blade holder that allowed you to adjust the pitch of the skate. then you go to the higher end bauers that have what i think is a molded boot around the heel to keep your heel fixed into it.
regardless of what brand you go with, the best way to get a good fit and the best result is to choose a company and give them a mold of your foot and have them build a skate that fits your foot perfectly so you lose nothing in your stride... mind you, it costs a pretty penny to do so but my friends stand by their choice and i may do it at some point when i have a few extra hundred dollar bills to spend
I've heard MLX skates do a great job at molding to the shape of your feet as well. Coupon code hfboards50 or youtube50 for 50% off on them.

I actually got a pair with the coupon but my foot is too wide (after they specifically say not to worry about width since it will mold to your foot). I sent them an e-mail so they told me to send a trace out of my foot with the dimensions and they're going to make a custom boot for me. Pretty sweet customer service after getting an awesome deal!

Frankie Spankie is online now   Reply With Quote