Old
11-21-2010, 12:16 AM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
WHY?

quote from netflix site:

Fast - movies and TV episodes start playing in seconds. It will depend on the speed of your broadband Internet connection. Movies and TV episodes are streamed over the Internet, so you don't have to wait for them to download. Watching for 1 hour will use approximately 1GB of bandwidth and approximately 2GB an hour if you are watching HD. You have the option to set your account to "no HD" if you'd prefer.

even if you watch only five 1 hour episodes in hd a week, you will be at 10 gigs usage.

just by watching those you're at 40 gigs. where does that leave you for the rest of the activities you do on the net? a family of 4 will watch much more tv than that in a week, and then you have to include everyones emails, youtube, facebook, chatting etc.

are you still wondering?

My household doesn't have cable anymore. We watch all of our TV online. I watch all of my hockey online. Between my 3 hockey games a week, watching TV shows, movies, we probably have 50 hours a week of netflix, gamecentre, etc.... in our household.

Why be tied to a TV when you can have internet and watch everything in HD when its convenient for you. People are turning away from television at a pretty high rate and relying on the internet at increasing rates. I'd rather pay megavideo $9.99 a month and have access to every single movie and TV show ever made and be able to watch it, then pay a cable company + movie rental company $50+ a month.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote