View Single Post
Old
05-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Le Golie

vCash: 500
In my last year of midget, I started the season strong but struggled around January and lost my spot on the depth chart. With four games to play, we needed at least three wins to make the playoffs. I'd been riding the pine for a month when the starter blew his knee in the warmup of the forth last game.

So I get thrown into the fire against one of the best teams in the league, cold and mentally unprepared I went in and outplayed Jamie Hodgson (Leafs 3rd rounder the next year) to steal a huge win 3-2. The next day we played another team that was ahead of us in the standings and shut them out 1-0, stopped their leading scorer on a breakaway with three minutes left. We split our final two games, I wasn't as spectacular but it was enough to get us into the playoffs.

That was my proudest performance related moment. But a couple years later I was going to Uni and didn't want to play junior anymore so I went to play with friends on a club team and we won the league together. That was my proudest fun moment.