Thread: Salary Cap: $64.3M Upper Limit for '11-'12
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2010, 12:55 PM
azrok22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We cant just keep moving guys to the wing because its convenient. Drury has never played well on the wing.

You're right about Dubinsky. But Avery is not a #2 LWer. Not even close. I wouldn't mind, if Boyle keeps playing this way, having him potentially in a third line role next year. He, Anisimov, and Stepan are all young kids who are getting better. I dont know why we would sign a long term UFA that would block advancement in our strongest organizational area.

Slightly O.T., but that Burns dman was really, really good for Minny. Reminded me of a more physical Staal, with a RHS. I feel like he and Staal would be an awesome pairing.
At this point, expecting any significant even-strength production from Drury is, quite frankly, a pipe dream. Drury may not have performed well on the wing, but he hasn't exactly lit it up at center lately either. If Drury's playing center, it should be on the fourth line. If he's playing wing, perhaps he's on the third line, but he should still be a bottom six player.

I would be quite content buying Drury out during this offseason if it means we're able to bring in Richards.

For this year, Prospal or Frolov are the second top six LW with Dubinsky. If Kreider/Grachev/MZA (if he moves from RW) aren't ready to grab a second/third line LW spot next year, I expect there to be at least one bargain signing UFA available.

I'm not 100% sold that Richards is our answer, but he'd definitely be a significant upgrade.

I'm also glad to see Burns get his career back "on track" after the injuries, but I stay far away from him simply based on his concussion history. Especially for a player that's as physical as Burns, concussions are just to big a flag for me.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote