View Single Post
Old
11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
I've never understood the attachment to Roszival. He's finally playing decent hockey since 2008 true, but he's never played a full season of good, acceptable hockey. He's always hurt. He's paid too much. Sure he looks good now, but a guy like him is very replaceable. There are way more Roszivals out there than Richards(es). If Roszival is the lynchpin for this trade, you make that move every day and twice on Sunday.

I do accept the fact, however, that moving Roszival for Richards is fixing one hole by creating another. But it is still progress.

Still, I'd much rather sit tight and grow the team. Let Roszival and Drury's contracts expire with the CBA. See what the new climate is before we make another huge money committment. I know alot of guys are banking on another amnesty buyout with Redden, but you could see the complete opposite and the NHL could change the rules so that every NHL one way contract counts towards the cap, the cap gets lowered and there's no amnesty buyouts. You just don't know.

I just like the timing right now. Our team is building towards something. We have enough space to keep our core. More space will get opened when we should be in contention. We got into trouble when we thought the team was something special and we started adding pieces too soon. Shanny, Cullen, Drury, Gomez, Redden... they were all signed with the belief that we were on the verge of deep playoff runs. Don't make the same mistake again.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote