View Single Post
Old
11-21-2010, 11:53 PM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
In what alternate reality do you live in that makes you believe Luke Schenn is worth Patrick Marleau? And what exactly has Schenn done that supposedly gives him more trade value than Setoguchi? He may be having a better season than Setoguchi so far, but no one judges a player based on a 19 game season. They are pretty even in terms of trade value, even if they would never be traded for each other.
Semi agree here B.O.G. but, this is changing quickly as Seto continues on this downward spiral, if it hasn't changed already as Schenn is going in the opposite direction of Seto at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Schenn isn't even close to Marleau value wise. He's not even very good right now. You are comparing a 40+ goal scoring two-way forward in his prime with a young struggling one-way defensemen.
Doug Wilson would be shot in the street if he did that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegarrett View Post
Did you even read my post? i never tried to compare Marleau and Schenn. i simply stated Marleau has higher value. to respond to the poster who sayd it would take Marleau to get Schenn. BTW if you think Schenn is "struggling" then you must not watch the leafs. because many would argue he has been there best Dman and has found a good chemistry with Kaberle
H.B., on this matter Fig. is 100% correct. Schenn has been awesome thus far and, is getting huge praise out here. Truly heading in the opposite direction of Seto. Personally, I can't see Burke do a 1 for 1 at this moment in time but, Gunnarsson would be a solid pick up and, "if" Burke did decide to move Schenn, it would most likely be a Seto. + deal at this point. The Leafs problems out here are up front--Kessel, kulemin, Grabovski (some nights), Versteeg, Macarthur and.....nobody else. Kessel the only real name though.

Last edited by 19sharks19: 11-22-2010 at 12:01 AM.
19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote