View Single Post
Old
11-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I might be. I'm basically speculating on how I think I would have felt in his shoes.
Well, you can't put yourself in his shoes because you don't know him. Maybe you and him are entirely different. It matters very little what you would have done.

Quote:
Last year was not a good year for him and I would understand if he wanted out as soon as possible. Now, asking for a trade...Do you honestly think that Gauthier would have traded Price instead of Halak, just because he asked to ?
Why in God's name would Gauthier trade Halak if Price required to be moved??..
If Price wanted to skip town, why would he re-sign??..
You make no sense there. Trade the one that wants to play and keep the one that wants to leave...

Quote:
Price was in a very uncomfortable position last summer. More then half the fanbase were angry at him for something he had no responsibility in - the Halak trade. The preseason showed that he is not allowed any errors.

Let's not fool ourselves - he will know poor games, and when it will happen the media hounds and boos will be back on him. I keep reading and hearing how he gave up a bad goal in the Nashville game, and he's back to last year habits....yea - no kidding.
If Price has a bad game, then he'll have a bad game. As simple as that. Nothing will be created out of it. Moronic fans will always be present, no matter the team, no matter the time. But Price has bought himself a lot more patience with this year's start. People are seeing that perhaps Gauthier was right after all and that no matter what, he's our goalie. He's been showing just how amazing he can be and I believe most fans will support him.

Quote:
If Carey Price was my son, I would advise him not to stay in Montreal unless he really wants to. There is a slight chance of huge glory and success but there could also be a lot of pain. It's a gamble for him.
Sure. You probably would have told him not to re-sign last year too. But that would be you protecting your child, and this would without knowing what your son would feel.
There are other people that would embrace this challenge. This is the best place to play when you win, you want to win, you don't want to flee but rather stay and prove to everybody just how great you can be.

Again, your view on things isn't the same as Carey's. Clearly, they're different.
Quote:
Anyway - the negotiation for his salary went a lot slower than normal if you recall. My guess is the org. wanted a longer (4-5 year) deal, while he wanted the shortest possible. They ended up with a 2 year - which is the minimum anyway before UFA/RFA or whatever.
Not really. RFAs can take time to sign. Seeing as you own their rights, there's no need to rush in for a re-signal. Many other RFAs signed around the same time Price did, some even after like Ryan, Mueller, Staal, Neal, Stewart, etc..

I don't understand what you're talking about with the ''UFA/RFA or whatever'' part. He could have been signed to a 1year deal if that's what they wanted.

Yes, Gauthier wanted him long term, so that he won't have a huge raise during his next renegotiation. I explained to you why Price wanted a 2year deal and a scout for the Stars that happens to be close friends with Timmins is the one that told me that.
Has nothing to do with wanting to leave in a year.
Quote:
That was my point. I doubt Montreal will afford to keep him at 8 million.
The highest paid goalie in terms of cap hit in the NHL is Lundqvist at 6.875M. Price will not touch 8M and he won't even get into the 6M mark. The only way he could reach that much is if he has two vezina like seasons. If that's the case, then you will be very happy to have Price around 6M.

I don't know where you got that 8M number from.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote