View Single Post
Old
11-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Gilligans Island

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
As usual Eklund is connecting dots based on conversations that teams have been having and doesn't really know in the end which players the teams are talking about. But trust me Eklund has the wrong defenceman.

Allow me to channel Eklund and connect the dots.

Toronto is looking for scoring and has been speaking to SJ about Seto and SJ is looking for a two way help along the blueline. So the trade looks something like

Seto to Toronto in exchange for Dman X
There is also rumored to be some picks involved in this deal.

Here is the way I see this going down:

SJ and Toronto both send picks to Edmonton
Edmonton recalls Souray and Toronto picks him up off the waiver
Toronto trades Souray to SJ for Seto.

The delay in Eklund's rumor speaks that Toronto is waiting to pull the trigger till Dion is healthy, again Eklund incorrectly connects the dots and it is Souray's health that the deal rides on. Then again I am only connecting the dots, but Seto for Souray (@2.5M) makes more sense than Beauchemin.
I wouldn't mind Souray @$2.7 (not $2.5) even with the injury and locker room risk (supposedly on the latter). Not sure if I'd want Seto being traded. Perhaps we could get a Cogliano or another speedy youngster back.

I assume this is speculation and all predicated on the Islanders not putting in a claim on Souray. By my count, Toronto has the 4th pick in the waivers, the Devils have zero cap room to make a claim and the Oilers (obviously) wouldn't count. It'd just be up to the Islanders, right?

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote