View Single Post
Old
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
When I see Tremblay on RDS I want to throw my drink at the TV!

Sure Roy had his faults but I wouldn't want any other goalie in the nets for the playoffs. Management blew that trade bigtime, this is Patrick Roy we had and they traded him for scraps, one allstar should have come in return in the trade otherwise they should have let him sit it out until he cooled off or Tremblay was fired.
You can't blame Tremblay for that trade.
Yea, the guy was a horrible coach. But hey, if I have a business and I hire the crappiest manager and let him ruin my shop, then the joke is on me. It's not like Tremblay came in with a sabotage plan.
The guy was horrible, and no matter how great his experience might have been with Lemaire since then, I would never give him another chance in Mtl.

That being said, Ronald Corey is the one that should get the most blame. Yea, Houle also made one of the worst trade in NHL history, but like Tremblay, he had no experience and was just a bad GM.
Corey could have prevented everything had he done things properly. Roy spoke to Corey when he was pulled. It certainly doesn't seem like Ronald put any kind of effort in trying to squash the internal beef. Not only that, but he approved the Roy trade.
There's also a bunch of other horrible trades he let his employee get away with, the Recchi, Damphousse, Turgeon. Corey's the one that fired Serge Savard and Jacques Demers. He also did very little to keep the players that were getting in trouble even though they were key for us, making Savard move guys like Carbo, Lemieux, Chelios, Corson, Schneider..
Every single decision he took or approved turned the team from Cup winning to PO Bubble with extremely poor drafting. The marketing of the Habs was also quite poor.

Ronald Corey is the main responsible for the dark years we went through. Houle and Tremblay were inexperienced and simply not qualified to do the jobs they were hired to do. Corey could have prevented every thing.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote