View Single Post
Old
11-22-2010, 05:25 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Absolutely loving my one95 (have it in a 77 flex Kane curve, grip version), much less "pingy" than other composites I've used but still very light and with a nice snap on wristers. Not cheap at all, but you can get them on sale now that the new bauer sticks are out (one100 and totalone). Only real complaint is that the blade seems fairly susceptible to gouges from skates/other sticks, make sure to tape it up well with a good, thick tape (haven't had problems since using renfrew tape, which is pretty thick, but got some gouges that I repaired with epoxy when I was using 3M tape, which is much thinner). If you have an american address you can ship to they're pretty cheap here:

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BS95

And I think there's a code you can enter for an extra 10% off. If you live in Canada, though, you'll likely get hit with duty at the border if you buy off an american site.
Just to update, loved my one95 while it lasted, but ended up breaking it after 2 months or so. Have since switched to an 85 flex Easton ST that I got on sale, so far so good with that stick. A bit heavier than the one95, and definitely a bit more blade heavy, puck feel is OK but not as good as the one95, wristers not quite as good (though could be because the one95 was a 77 flex while the ST doesn't come any flexier than 85 flex), slappers are just as good with the ST as with the one95 though (if not better), and the performance is still quite good, much better than a cheap one piece. If it's as durable as some say it is then I'll consider it a great purchase.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote