Thread: Pock
View Single Post
Old
05-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Onion Boy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Talk about an overreaction. And please don't twist my words.

Nobody'as saying that's he's not going to have an NHL career. I'm saying that I don't view the guy as a sure thing. When someone brings up his passed success in college, it does not mean that he will be successful at a higher level. Mottau won the Hoby Baker. And he's not even a lock AHL player
You should've chosen your words more carefully. You made it sound as if Pock's success in the NCAA is a strike against him. People cite his success in the NCAA because aside from one year of AHL it is all we have to judge him on. If you are averse to judging Pock on 6 NHL games, I'm curious as to why you find it fine to judge him on 50 injury-riddled AHL games?

If your point is that NCAA success doesn't translate into NHL success, then I'm afraid you've fallen quite a few steps behind in this debate. Like I said above, if you feel he has holes in his game, based on what you've (presumably) seen, let's talk about them instead of talking about players (read: Mottau) that are completely irrelevant to Pock's development.