Thread: Pock
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
sjb...

I personally did not see anything in Pock's limited 6-game NHL career that would suggest that he would be an NHL top four defenseman, and his follow-up to that in the AHL, injuries withstanding, didn't change my opinion. I saw a very ordinary defenseman. A guy who can skate and shoot. I didn't see anythings special. Further, to be fair, it was only six games. The first of which I was impressed. The next five, after the adrenaline had worn off, he was quite ordinary. Of course that's my opinion now, after six meaningless NHL games that I witnessed, maybe one AHL game, and his stats from an AHL season. It's not so much expalining why he won't be a good pro as much as me trying to convince myself why he would be.

We obviously view these guys differently, as I've noticed. I actually though Kondratiev stood-out more in the two or so games I saw than Tyutin. Thought he used his body well, moved the puck well and made smart decisions while Tyutin looked a bit out of sorts and Kondratiev had to make up for his shortcomings. That's why I gushed a bit.