View Single Post
Old
11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I specifically said Begin for Spaling, then I went on to say that Wilson's been struggling and is being bounced around a lot right now between center and wing, different linemates nightly, etc and his confidence is suffering because of that. Since Lundmark can play both center and wing too and has made a career of being a two-way offensive forward and Wilson is waiver exempt again this season, I said I thought it might be beneficial to send him down to gain confidence in the AHL for a couple weeks and then re-evaluate from there.

Wilson's been yo-yo'd this season due to the injuries suffered by the team thus far. He started the year with Erat and Lombardi on the second scoring line and almost immediately the two of them were out for an extended period and Wilson simply hasn't really fit in anywhere since. With the Goc and Legwand injuries Wilson has been moved back and forth from wing to center and back again. I just think his development would be better served spending a little time at one position in the AHL right now to better suit him to contribute later this season and into the future.

I know that's not necessarily going to be a popular decision, but I think it might be the best for all parties...

FWIW, I'll admit to not seeing the first 17:25 tonight. Wilson was credited with a hit, but no shots on goal. The reason he's on my mind tonight was his last shift where he centered a line with SK and Ward and the three of them failed to move their feet for the whole 40 seconds they were out there. Just stood around and watched. I was disgusted and so was Trotz. None of them saw the ice again...
Just re-read your post! I stand corrected! Wilson has been yo-yoed constantly this season from center to wing with defferent players every games. He and Goc, (before Goc got injured) had great chemistry. Why Trotz did not try that again when Goc came back? Who knows!
It must be difficult to watch vets (Erat especiall, but not the only one) making mistake, after mistake and continuing to get tons of ice time. So the others, Kostytsin, Wilson, Spaling worried to make any mistakes for fear of losing it.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote