View Single Post
Old
11-23-2010, 06:00 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Mike Heika in the Dallas Morning News

Quote:
That means if the Stars could start up extension talks, they might be in the ballpark of seven years at $7 million a season or more. That's just speculation on my part, but it's something Richards could probably command as an unrestricted free agent in the summer (which he will be if he does not sign an extension). Would Richards give the Stars a hometown discount? Would the Stars be open to a long-term contract (10 years?) to lower the cap hit and salary hit? It's impossible to know, because they can't even get into serious negotiations with the ownership situation what it is.

Nieuwendyk said he has talked to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman about the situation, and was told that both the NHL and the lenders understand the situation and could possibly open the door for discussions once they sort through whether or not the lenders want to keep the team for the rest of the season and whether or not they might name an interim president.

``I've talked to Gary Bettman about the issues, and I did ask that if the lenders are carrying us to summer time, then we have some important things we need to talk about with them,'' Nieuwendyk said. ``He is well aware of everything, and I think the lenders are also aware how important this could be for our team.'
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...g-for-a-1.html

Nieuwendyk wants to re-sign Richards. The fans want Richards to stay. Richards on the team makes that a more marketable team to sell. They are paying Richards $7.8 million this season. It's not like Richards is making $5 million and he wants $7 million.

Richards is represented by Pat Morris. Sean Avery's agent. Same agency as Wade Redden. After what happened with Reds,they're going to want a NMC.

Speculation on Heika's part(he has been around that team for a long time) but 7 years for at least $7 million per?So much for Richy taking less

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote