View Single Post
Old
11-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
A Top Flight Center vs Another Winger?

All the talk of Brad Richards sounds great for this team, but Derek Stepan has started to find his game and a 4-game point streak. I guess I'm just curious as what does everyone think are we better off demoting Stepan to thirdline and go after Richards in the upcoming months or even off-season. Or do we use some of the packages being proposed for Richards to go get a top flight leftwing, and let Stepan continue to build into that #1 Center.

I know the outlook on the cap for us is bleak but I think no matter what moves were made ya know Glen and the Boys would make it all fit somehow. This is what I think are the road blocks more so going forward..

- Drury, it's either buyout or nothing because his family and friends live in Connecticut, and he wouldn't waive his nmc for anything imo.

Once everyone his healthy that is currently on this team it probably would look like this..

Frolov - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubinsky- Anisimov - Callahan
Prospal - Drury - Fedotenko
Avery/Boogaard - Boyle - Prust

scratch = Christensen, White.

With Prospal & Frolov both UFA's at years end, there room on the left side. We have three prospects at this point that conceivably could crack in those spots (Kreider, Zuccarello & Grachev)

So looking at that is it better by trade deadline to acquire a high end leftwinger? or do we drop Stepan down to 3rd line? Of course if Stepan is dropped to 3rd line we'll have quite the cluster of forwards in our 3rd and 4th lines.

Some names obviously being tossed around for trade so far this year are Richards, Semin, Penner, Hemsky... So I see the perk to both a Center and A top flight Winger, What do you guys think?

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote