Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign WHL prospect Brandon Manning
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
He is having a great season so far in the WHL - He turned down an AHL contract with the Rangers.. haha

http://communities.canada.com/thepro...wack-quot.aspx

Quote:
Brandon Manning was so keen on coming back to the Chilliwack Bruins for his overage season that he says he turned down an AHL offer from New York Rangers.

It wasn’t at the top of the depth chart. Don’t get us wrong. And although Manning says they never got too far long regarding cash, rest assured that he wasn’t going to get rich. But it was a chance for a job in pro hockey, something that most people would have pounced on.

He says that his agent is still talking to the Rangers about a deal that would kick in beginning next season. If that doesn’t happen, he says that’s OK with it, because he could make even bigger money as a free agent if the Bruins have the kind of year he expects them to have.

His words may be the best advertising the Bruins can get. Their home opener is Saturday, when the Kamloops Blazers come to town.

"They [the Rangers] wanted me to go to the A and try out and I looked at their depth chart and looked at where I was probably going to be, and I felt that Chilliwack was my best option,” said Manning, who was named the Bruins’ captain midway through last season and told he would maintain the ‘C’ come his return this season.

“We have some unfinished business in Chilliwack. I really think this is the year that our division is up for grabs. I know Vancouver always finds a way to get it done, but maybe this is the year that we overtake the rivalry."

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-23-2010 at 09:51 AM.
dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote