Thread: Speculation: Ottawa Scouting Columbus
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Doug19

vCash: 500
I don't really see what we could realistically trade for that would make us a better team, without giving up pieces that got us here. Our bottom 6 with Moreau back is

Umberger Pahlsson Moreau
Clark Mackenzie Dorsett

So that leaves Boll, Wilson (He should stay he deserves a spot), Murray. I wouldn't touch our top line, the second line however is a wild card. We have:
Nash Brass Voracek
Huselius Vermette Filatov

Who would we move? We have outstanding depth right now and can roll four lines against any opponent and match up well, hell our fourth line is a pretty damn good checking line in it's own right.

On defense I would definitely not be against trading Tyutin or Russell for an upgrade, but who is going to want to make that kind of trade? So that leaves a list of IMO Tyutin, Russell, Filatov (move umberger to the 2nd and clark to the third and make a spot for Wilson on the 4th), Murray, Wilson, Boll.

So much depth on this team, I'd hate to lose it though, but a defensive upgrade would be nice. Is Kuba really much more of an upgrade over Tyutin? Lee is also a thing of the past, we have no need for him at all now.

It would be amusing though if Howson shakes up the team while we are riding so high, I don't think I'd understand that move much, but Howson doesn't seem like that type of guy.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote