View Single Post
Old
11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
BTW (and I'll play devil's advocate here), let's not take anything away from UMD. They won both games in OT.
True, UM-D got the job done. You cant deny that they had the win on Friday handed to them though.

Quote:
That said, I think Wisconsin should be able to bounce back in the CHS versus Michigan and MSU. I wouldn't underestimate either of these teams. And I wouldn't expect those teams to underestimate Wisconsin or Minnesota either. Officiating aside, let's look at what needs to be done. Since this is the Badgers thread, I'll give my two cents on what Bucky needs to do to sweep this coming weekend.

First off, I'd like to see more secondary scoring. It can't always be Smith, Murray, Zengerle and Mersch upfront and Schultz and Gardiner on the back end on the scoresheet. I think guys like Turnbull and Dolan could (and should) pick up their game and contribute more.

Michigan has got a lot of depth (what else is new?) and they're getting scoring from all over. But their main weapon is speed. I saw Michigan vs. LSSU over the weekend and the most blatant mistake that the Lakers were making IMO was that they gave the Wolverines WAY too much skating room. If Wisconsin can take away Michigan's time, and especially space, this will bode well for them.

MSU isn't deep, but they do a great job of taking away lanes and blocking shots. This is where I think Wisconsin could have an advantage because the Badgers (in most of the games that I've seen thus far this year) do a good job of creating space, particularly just inside the offensive blueline. We all know that Wisconsin has some good point shooters and if they can take advantage of the space that they create, that can result in more shots and potentially more goals.

Thoughts?
IMO, if the Badgers play well, dont turn the puck over a lot and the goaltenders dont give up a lot of soft goals; they should able to take at least 2 points this weekend.
If they play like they did against UM-D, they should have a very good chance of taking 4 points this weekend.