View Single Post
Old
11-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
To add to the Ward debate I think he does have decent hands but his skating compared to other NHL players can only be described as Sloth like. Why he looks so bad right now is he isn't even using his strengths right now which is strong board play and just generally being hard to take the puck away from in the Offensive zone.

SK is a failed project in my mind. We haven't seen any of his supposed talent because he has the worst compete level of anyone on the team and doesn't create any space for himself to his use so called playmaking skills.
I agree with all this. Ward has very good hands for a player of his caliber, but his skating and decision making are bad. He's a good "3rd line" player at his best, but like the rest of the team, he is struggling.

I agree he shouldn't be seeing the PP, but does it really matter at this point? Who exactly is he taking minutes from? He's on the 2nd unit and saw a fraction of the time that the 1st unit saw. As long as he's not on the 1st unit, then it doesn't matter.

While I do think we need a "star" up front, that really doesn't matter unless the rest of the team is living up to expectations. But I guess you could argue that a star would help fuel the rest of the team. I just don't think our current lineup has fully bought Trotz's system, or Trotz is not teaching it well enough. Trotz needs to gain control of this team.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote