View Single Post
Old
11-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Dorsett? I think moving him would be a mistake.
Trading Dorsett would be a huge mistake ... in fact, we could use 2-3 more guys that play his style, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Who do you guys have on the backend that's got some grit? Other than Commodore, we've done that already.
I still think Murray is looking for physicality on the backend, but he's also looking for some scoring upfront, preferably a big body and almost positive it needs to be a left wing.
You know what just occured to me as I'm writing? What if Howson is looking at Kelly. He's got a history with Vermette and Ottawa had him up on the top line last night. I don't think Murray is looking to move him but something to chew on.
I could see the Jackets picking up Kelly, but only if we had 2-3 forwards heading back your way ... which I don't think would happen. We simply don't have room for another forward unless we're doing a 2-for-1 deal, and at that point we're probably overpaying for Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRaker View Post
Sens Fan coming in peace. What do you all think about...

To Ottawa: Filatov

To Columbus:Foligno, Wiercioch, 2nd.
No thanks. We're overpaying in any deal that has Filatov going your way IMO - unless you're giving us a top-line forward or top-pairing defenseman. Filatov is steadily improving, and while it may not be this year, in the near future he's going to be a very good offensive player.

As has been stated numerous times, I don't think any major parts are going either way at this point. Maybe if the Jackets hadn't gotten off to such a hot start, we might see someone moved - but at this point, it's looking like a minor trade of depth players at best.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote