View Single Post
Old
11-24-2010, 12:22 PM
ChicagoWolves1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
But they wouldn't enjoy it as much. You can rip on Harrelson, but lots of fans like the fact that he speaks for them (me included). Opposing fans might not like it, but tough crap. Let them watch their own feed (if it exists).
I agree that many fans would not enjoy it that much. What I (and I know several other Sox fans that also cannot stand Harrelson), is that he simply says things that are not true. I am watching the Sox get destroyed at times, and the Sox never do anythig wrong in his world. Like the poster said about the Wolves, it is always someone else's fault. The umpires/refs, this, that. Everything but the stinking play of the team that they root...I mean, promote...I mean..."analyze".

Just tell the truth as an announceer. You do not have to dump completely on your own team. I understand how it works. However, do not have 80% of your play-by-play be how each player is the best he has ever seen at this and that. It is a slightly above-average team and he talks like they are defending WS champs. This combined with his garbage cliche sayings--thinking he is the most clever announcer in the world. I cannot stand it.

Now that I think about it, he makes the Wolves announcers sound great.

ChicagoWolves1 is offline   Reply With Quote