View Single Post
Old
11-25-2010, 12:37 AM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
You have to be a fool to not notice the team's lack of effort in front of Henrik EVERY TIME he is in net. Every time Biron gets the start, the defense plays extraordinary in front of him. It's kind of ridiculous.

So I'm just wondering here. Why is this happening? Is it a disrespect for Lundqvist (Remember those reports of the cliques in the locker room last year?) or do the Rangers really expect Lundqvist to be that good and win on his own?

It's sad to say the least and I'm really sick of it. Has any beat writer touched on this yet? I know one ripped on Henrik the other day and that was completely uncalled for. Henrik seems to be losing his confidence out there and needs all the support he can get off and especially on the ice.
Tortorella cannot play Biron only when we're playing weaker teams and throw Lundqvist out there for the "big game." The game against Tampa was not his fault.

First of all, I thought Malone interfered with him on the first goal. I said no at first but when they showed the final replay after the game, it did look like Malone bumped him (maybe Mcilrath will help a bit with these situations in the future) and I thought someone should have knocked him on his ass at the very least. Winning teams do that. If you're going to score a goal right in front of their net, you'll have to pay a price (and a bigger one if bumping their goaltender is included).

I agree. Lundqvist won a game where he stood on his head against Pittsburgh and even then, he seemed very frustrated. I do not blame him at all and I hope the coach doesn't either. The Rangers "D" is young and soft. Two periods of play have to be spent in his zone before the team decides it's time to wake the #### up.

Tortorella said after the game he "thinks some guys who were producing are a bit tired and others need to step it up." If he meant Gaborik and Frolov, I agree. If he meant to add Lundqvist to the list then I certainly disagree.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote