View Single Post
Old
11-25-2010, 12:40 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
what I have noticed is how poor the level of play is when Eminger and Del Zotto are paired as the 3/4 guys. Turnovers galore, poor play selection, and less than hoped for positioning.

Girardi, Staal, Sauer and yes even Gilroy are taking the body and clearing the crease.

its just that the other two guys are often not in position to effectively play in front of Henke. Eminger isn't afraid to drop down and block the shots and MDZ on occasion is putting his stick in the right lane or deflecting passes/shots

but overall its quite clear from what I see.

MDZ is not good defensively and Eminger is not really a 2nd pairing guy. At least not a 2nd pairing guy for a winning NHL team.

Also remember than Henrik has been off his game, much like he was at points last year, while Biron seems to have gotten the message from coach allaire to stand tall back deep in the nets and wait for the play to come to him, trust his defenders to clear the crease and make sure to deflect the puck away from the crease area.
Henrik will be fine and the team should improve when, believe it or not Rozi returns.

At this point I would prefer to see MDZ see the press box for a game or failing that Eminger. I felt that Sauer and Gilroy have done a very fine job as the 3rd pairing.

that -4 MDZ took in Colorado was BRUTAL

donpaulo is online now   Reply With Quote