Thread: Pock
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Evil...

I think the term 'we' is used loosely. I think most people's opinion hasn't changed. There are posters defending Pock and believe he's still the person that they saw in 6 NHL games, which is that top 4 d-man quarterbacking the PP. Then there's others, albeit a bit less, who believe he's still the person that they saw in 6 NHL games who do not feel as definitive as the rest.

And no, I do not believe that Goneau got those goals with Gretzky. I can't remember for sure, although Robitaille played on TGO's left, not Goneau.

And you can trust your eyes and are entitled to an opinion, as these are all opinions, but remember, you saw him play 6 meaningless NHL games. My eyes saw something different, and that happens obviously, and when evaluating a prospect you have to make a guess and base an opinion on something, and what you see is best. My eyes saw Mike Mottau play 18 NHL games and skate pretty well and move the puck well while playing with Leetch, so I'm a bit cautious. To me, the past season of 50 AHL games is more significant (because it's over a greater period) than 6 NHL games. I saw him once or twice this year with HFD, and still wasn't that impressed.