View Single Post
Old
11-25-2010, 06:43 AM
onice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

Who is whinning? Did you even read my post, or understand the context of it?

i swear, reading comprehension on this board is sometimes appallingly lacking.

Yeah, I know especially when you don't understand what you yourself wrote.

Why bring up the players that couldn't cut it and then make this whinny statement:

"...imo it's a good approach, but only if the coach is also very good at getting the "buy-in" of the young players, and that's where Hitch and Martin are also similar... the comments by guys like Lats and MaxPac, show that the "buy-in" is lacking... maybe it's those players "fault", maybe not, but the result is the same... stunted development caused by confidence being in the toilet....."

If that's not whinning then I don't know what is.

If you would have been around in the 60s you would have complained about Toe Blake....for using Cournoyer only on powerplays for the first couple of years.

Martin is probably one of the top 3 coaches in the league right now and his philosophy is to play NHLers that help the team win. His philosophy is not to cuddle underachieving rookies.

As for your silly buy in statement, here are some of the young players that bought into Martin's approach:

Eller
Price
Pouliot
Pyatt
Subban
Picard
Halak

Martin's approach has stunted no one's development. The players you mentioned had issues of their own making.

Oh and MaxPac's statement could be read differently from what you are implying. He could be saying, I wasn't ready for the NHL, Martin knew that and I'm happy to be here in the AHL to get ready for the big times. So you may even include MaxPac as one of the young players who bought into Martin's philosophy.

Last edited by onice: 11-25-2010 at 06:56 AM.