View Single Post
Old
11-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Eh not really. No one really expected Leighton to get hurt and Bob to come in and play amazing. Would we still have this record with Leighton? who knows.

Adding Walker was still a waste of cap space, would have rathered just a 4th from Gagne. Nodl stepping up has made losing a top 6 forward for nothing easier to deal with. We are also lucky that Walker has been on LTIR so we havent been worrying about his cap impact.

Meszaros has been great, I knew he was a good player, but the timing of the trade was still weird. Day before UFA?

O'D has been a great steady vet, but I thought this was a good signing anyway.

My opinion of Holmgren has always been that he has a great eye for talent, and knows what to add to this team(besides a goalie), but he overpays on almost every trade and contract, leading to cap stupidity. He does seem to be getting better with contracts (Giroux and Carter).

Hopefully he doesn't trade anymore firsts for the next few years so we can restock the cupboards for when Briere, Hartnell, Timonen contracts are up
So I guess you did not like the Pronger trade and signing? No one is perfect. However in my opinion Homer is one of the better GM's in the league. I like Leighton, but do you really think our record would be the same with him in goal? I could care less about the cap that is what the big boys get paid to do. I just want to see another cup here in town and the brass tries to do this every year. Not like some teams that suck for years on end and get the high draft picks. Oh well Happy Thanksgiving. Go Flyers